Photo archive (partial)

Buy prints, downloads, or license images from our archives:






Architectural photography Thursday, July 10, 2008

My postings have been a bit sporadic recently because I've been really busy with family stuff, mostly related to my brother's wedding which is this Saturday.

But I haven't been totally slacking on the work front. My Aunt Katy built a house in King City (north of Toronto) about three years ago. The architect, Terry Montgomery, wanted some photos of it, and my aunt knew I was coming to town, so she suggested I come for a visit sometime
while I was in this part of the world.

My sister and I drove down there last Friday, met with the architect, and photographed the house. I made a few shots in the afternoon, then some in the evening, and a couple more the next morning when the sun was on the other side of the building.

My aunt, an architect herself, has a great sense of style. The house itself is a big, open A-frame tucked into a quiet woody spot out in the country. It features huge windows and doorways that maximize the outdoorsy feeling of the place. Here are a few of my favourite shots.



0 comments: